How much is it going to cost?
The cost for joining both IAM Roadsmart and CADAM is £149.00. For that you get:
- One year’s membership of IAM Roadsmart one of the leading road safety organisations in the UK.
- One year’s membership to CADAM the local IAM Roadsmart group that provides your training.
- The Advanced Riders Logbook.
- Access to discounts arranged by IAM Roadsmart.
- The test fee for the Advanced Motorcycle Test.
Please Note: after the first year you will have to
pay the annual subscription to CADAM of £15 per annum*, which we
collect, and the subscription to IAM Roadsmart which they collect.
They will notify you of the amount at renewal.
£15 per annum when paid via Direct Debit, otherwise £20 per annum.
Who are we?
Chelmsford and District Advanced Motorcyclists is run by volunteers. It is a charity in its own right but follows the methods of IAM Roadsmart and is affiliated to them.
We operate from Chelmsford, Essex and cover most of Essex. There are other IAM Roadsmart groups in the neighbouring counties.
Our trainees are referred to as Associates because that is their membership category within the Group. When you pass your IAM Roadsmart Test you will become full members.
We have a committee that meets every 6 weeks and that makes policy decisions on behalf of the membership.
We also have a team of Observers that are responsible for the provision of training.
All of the committee members and Observers are committed to making the riding of Motorcycle safer without taking the fun out of it.